Don’t confuse Homeowners Insurance with Flood Insurance!
Here are some important facts about flood insurance.
- Flooding can happen anywhere, at any time. In fact, according to FEMA, more than 40% of claims come from homes outside high-risk flood areas.
- Flooding is not covered under a Homeowners Policy. A separate flood policy is needed.
- There is a 15-30 day waiting period for new coverage to begin.
- Contents must be purchased separately under a flood policy, and it has its own deductible. A detached structure would need a separate policy.
- There are limitations to what is covered under a basement (exclusions include: finished walls, flooring and personal property is not covered).
- Your home must be insured to at least 80% of its full replacement cost or you must carry $250,000 Dwelling coverage to avoid deduction for depreciation in the event of a claim.
- Call us for a quote or to represent you on your existing flood policy that you insure elsewhere.
- In addition to National Flood, we represent many private flood companies.
You can buy Water Backup coverage under a Homeowners policy.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office for any of your insurance needs!